Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hello New York

Well I am finally in New York and cannot believe it!  After barely making it through the check in with my 2 bags that came to exactly 50 lbs. each, I had a pretty uneventful flight.  The most challenging part was trying to wheel 3 suitcases and a purse through a maze of people to get to the end of the cab line.  My bag kept getting stuck in the grooves in the sidewalk and I must have bumped into at least 50 people.  However, not to worry, I made it to the cab and successfully arrived to my friend’s mom’s apartment to spend my first night in the city.  We had a delicious dinner at Koi, a trendy sushi, seafood, and Kobe beef restaurant near Bryant Park and then enjoyed the evening chatting on her balcony.  It was the perfect, relaxing way to spend my first night in the city.  I can already say without a doubt that I am officially in love with New York.  The energy is contagious and I can tell there will never be a dull moment.  I can’t wait to see what the next ten weeks will hold!
Just a warning my dad took these pictures on his Blackberry so they are not the best quality...
 Taking BART to the airport.
 Rearranging my bags so I could put my 3 extra lb. of luggage in my suitcase that was 3 lb. under the limit.
 Dad sending me off.
Into the security line and I am off.
 Views from the balcony...



No comments:

Post a Comment