Monday, May 30, 2011

If Weddings Were Holidays...

If weddings were a holiday, they would most definitely be my favorite holiday of the year.  However the problem with holidays is that they only occur once a year so I guess it is better that weddings aren’t holidays because that means I can experience them more than once a year.  They are such a joyous celebration and whether I am working at one with my cousin who is a caterer or attending one, I love them equally.  Last night I attended the wedding of my friend Annie’s older sister, Sharon.  I have known them since I was in seventh grade so it was hard to believe that Sharon was actually getting married.  She looked stunning and her husband seemed like a wonderful guy.  The reception took place at the Crooked Vine winery in Livermore which was the perfect setting for this low-key, special reception.  One of the highlights was when her maid of honor pulled out a flat brim hat and sunglasses and preformed a rap she had written about Sharon and her husband.
 The cute party favors.
 Me with my friends Marielle and Annie.
 Entering the dance floor for the first dance.


The bridal party watching the first dance.
 Proud mother of the bride watching the father daughter and mother son dances.
 I couldn't help tearing up during the father daughter dance.

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Parker!

No comments:

Post a Comment