Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Day in the Life of Lisa

It all started this morning when my alarm went off at 7 a.m. (because I am trying to get my self ready for the early morning wake-ups I will be having a week from today) and I started thinking about my day.  Since I did not have a whole lot of plans I thought I would make it more exciting by taking a picture of everything that I did.  My day actually ended up being more eventful than I ever expected!

1. My favorite breakfast of Greek yogurt with berries, honey, and flax seed.

Well this is what my breakfast looked like, but this is actually from another day.  I already had started eating when I remembered that I needed to take a picture so it wouldn't have looked as nice.

2. I took my golden retriever Amber for a walk even though it started to rain.

 Had to do self-timer for this one because my dad was at work,
 my mom and 2 brothers were at school while my other brother was still asleep.

3. Jumped in my Bronco to head off to the gym for a spin class with Katie.

It may basically be a truck, but I still have my keys on a girly Vera Bradley wallet.

 We love spin class even if we are exhausted by the end. 

4. Our morning wouldn't be complete without a little coffee.


My total came to $3.85 and I paid for it with the quarters and nickels lying around my car.

5. Leadership was our favorite class in high school and we are both very close with our teacher so decided to bring her some Starbucks and say hello.  I texted her to let her know her "favorite student" was coming.  She jokingly replied that she was happy Katie could come, but I didn't get the joke but that is why I am only her #2 favorite student in the pictures below.

Willford, me, and Katie
#1 favorite student

#2 favorite student

Willford still has my senior picture on her wall...can you tell which is mine?

I even convinced my brother Brian to stop by the leadership room during his passing period.

6. Next I headed back home to make a salad from our dinner leftovers from the previous nights:  salmon and stir-fry vegetables.


7. After lunch I drove to J. Crew to pick up the suit that I will need for my internship.


8. Katie was babysitting her cousin Annelies so I joined them to make Rainbow Cake in a jar.

The little chef.

We put a little too much cake mix in the jars so they kind of exploded in the oven.

Annelies wanted to go to our favorite cafe Sideboards to get a snack while we waited for the cake to cool.

She got hot chocolate...

Which was a little messy...

And Katie and I got ice tea.

Their homemade english muffins are the best.

We love Sideboards.

Back at the house we added frosting and sprinkles to our cakes.

9. The day was finished off with watching my brother Brian's semi-final lacrosse game.

No comments:

Post a Comment