Monday, May 30, 2011

Time To Pack My Bags

I have realized that in the past year and a half I have not lived in one place for more than four months.  Between California, Texas, and Madrid, packing my life into the allotted two suitcases has become the norm.  I guess that is why it has not really hit me yet that I am actually going to New York City tomorrow!  This is the place that I have dreamed of living my entire life, but now, being the great procrastinator that I am, I am doing some last minute packing as if this next journey in my life is nothing more than a little day trip.  I have come to learn though that this mentality can be a good thing because it allows me to live in the moment and enjoy what I am currently doing instead of always thinking about what is coming next.
 Goal: To get above and below into...

These without going over the 50 lb. weight limit.

This summer I will be interning with Goldman Sachs in New York in their Human Capital Management division.  I cannot wait for this unbelievable opportunity and am planning on going into it with the mindset that I am a sponge who will soak up information every second that I am there.  I have my suits and business clothes ready and am prepared for the challenge.  And as always, I still have my dad’s travel bug and plan on exploring the city of New York and the areas around it as much as possible in my free time!
My loyal packing buddy who doesn't want me to leave.

To send me off, my 5 little cousins came over and they are probably the most adorable kids on the planet so I could not help but post a few pictures of themJ
Peter
 Coco
Patrick
 Caroline and I decided to make the rainbow cakes in a jar.
 Someone was making a little trouble in the kitchen.
 Like father like son....

 Had to take a family shot before I left.
 Somewhat to my mom's dismay her pretty living room has been turned into a band room complete with drums, pianos, keyboards, and tons of guitars.
 Dessert Time

 Coco loves her Aunt Linda aka my mom
All the cousins!
Little kids are just precious.  I walked out into our living room to find Coco and Peter dancing to music playing on the keyboard.  Their dad even decided to join in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment