Saturday, May 28, 2011

Farmer's Market Time

If I had to choose one way to spend my Saturday mornings for the rest of my life it would be this:  wake up early for a nice workout, grab a cup of coffee, and head to the farmer’s market.  Our town has the most wonderful farmer’s market complete with every type of fruit and vegetable imaginable, gourmet crepes, fresh bread, meat, and eggs, a street musician, and tons of free samples.  The samples are our favorite part so we always do a “sample lap” around the entire market before we ever purchase anything.  This morning, after a little bit of work, I was able to convince my dad and brother Brian to join me.  We walked away with delicious strawberries, nectarines, cherries, brussel sprouts, popcorn, and even some flowers.


 Samples...the best part of any market.


 Brian grabbed my camera and snapped this one mid-bite.

 My dad explaining to Brian how he could buy a flat of strawberries for $8 and then walk to the other side of the market and sell the individual six baskets for $3 and make some money. 
Brian didn't go for it.

 A lady getting off of my favorite bike trail for biking, running, and rollerblading.
 A family doing their weekly shopping. 
I felt somewhat creepy snapping this pic but I thought they looked cute.


 I have no idea what these are, but I thought their stems looked pretty.

The lavendar lady...she always wears something purple.

A new use for English peas....

I have never seen a truck need a blanket for while it is resting.

The old railroad station which is now a historical museum.  The bike trail I go on used to be the train tracks.

My dad has always secretly wished he could walk around town and hang out in biker clothes at the farmer's market and Peet's Coffee, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment