Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some Things Are Just Better In Spain

I was missing living in Madrid so I decided to try making some paella (a typical Spanish dish) for dinner.  It was not too difficult to make, but didn’t really turn out how actual paella tastes.  I am not sure exactly why…maybe it was the recipe, maybe I didn’t add enough saffron, or maybe because it just wasn’t made in Spain.  Oh well, it was still fun to make and my family liked it! 

I am not going to type up the recipe since it is pretty long and wasn't amazing,
but if you click on the picture it will zoom in so you can read it if you want.

 Organizing the ingredients.  Note the Domino's Pizza red pepper flakes
I had to use since we were out of the jar of them.
 I amazingly was able to cut all the oninons without crying.

Sauteeing the chicken.
 I even wore my fleece shirt that I bought at El Rastro flea market in Madrid.

 The onions took forever to cook for some reason.

My brother Brian was doing his chemistry homework and keeping me company while I was cooking.

 Letting everything simmer and hoping some of the liquid would be absorbed since it was a bit mushy at first.

 All done and ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment