Tuesday, June 28, 2011

To Market To Market

Well this will be the first of a 3 or maybe even 4 part blog series.  I just have so many pictures that an entry or two wouldn’t be sufficient.  This past weekend I went to Connecticut to visit my roommate Leah from Spain, and the change of scenery was just what I needed.  Leah lives in an adorable little town outside of Hartford that is not quite the country but not quite a suburb either.  I fell in love with all of the old houses with their sprawling front lawns and American flags flying proudly next to the front door. 
Leah's House
On Saturday I took an early train out of the city up to a little town in Connecticut where Leah was working at a farmer’s market.  Yes, her family owns a farm and grows all sorts of wonderful produce.  Leah is such the entrepreneur and in charge of all of their sales and orders, everything from little markets to restaurants to Whole Foods.  The entire time in Spain I heard all about her farm and the markets which she loved, so I was so excited to finally see them in person.


The most delicious bread we bought from the baker's tent next to us.

Never without coffee.


I can't remember what this leaf veggie was but they were enormous.
Saturday we were selling various types of lettuce, blueberries, carrots, sugar snap peas, and rhubarb.  It was so much fun to interact with all the people at the market, the buyers and other merchants.  However, I think Leah’s puppy Missy (but her name may change since Leah doesn’t like it) had the most fun of all, running all around and nibbling on sugar snaps the entire time.
Missy is just the cutest dog ever...besides my dog Amber.



Spain friends reunited.

Leah's friend Anna who lives in Connecticut, but that she met in Spain second semester stopped by the market too.  Small world.

A bundle of energy!

1 comment:

  1. This is so fun!! Spain friends are the greatest friends :)

    ReplyDelete