Friday, June 10, 2011

Adventures in Time Travel and Art Studios

I am so sorry that I have not blogged this week; life has been a whirlwind of a blur.  Working 10-11 hour days and exploring the city after I get off.  This past year I felt that I had hit the epitome of time travel and after I graduated life would start slowing down.  However, I was wrong.  Now that I have had a taste of the “working world”, I can honestly tell you that life will not slow down.  I guess that just means I will have to continue making the most of everyday.
My internship is wonderful.  I work with a fantastic team and cannot believe how much I have learned in five short days!  Unfortunately company policy does not allow us to blog about our experience, but y’all can rest assured that I am enjoying every minute of it.
Well since I can’t blog about work, I am going to blog about my friend Hannah.  She is the most incredible artist and is taking art classes this summer at Columbia.  In fact, she is one of only 12 students who were selected from thousands of applicants for this program.  Lindsey, Shelley, and I decided that we should take a little trip to visit her at her studio.  We even tried to dress artsy, but that just didn’t work out too well.  Anyways we loved seeing her work, and I think I am going to have her paint me a picture of Central Park with the Plaza Hotel in the background and the four of us hidden somewhere in the picture to help me remember my summer in NYC forever.
This is my favorite picture of her studio.

Here is the painting she is working on.

She got her inspiration from a picture her grandpa took
when he was a teenager of an old man named Claude.

But the picture wasn't turning out how she wanted it to...

So she just wrote over parts of it.  I guess when you are a true artist you aren't afraid of ruining your painting because you know that you can always paint over it.

We decided to take some self-timer pics, but we kind of missed our faces...

Someone said something...

And next thing you knew we were all putting paint on each other's faces.

I think the artsiest (if that is even a word) that I got all afternoon was taking a picture of my shoes.

Back to painting with a whole new color scheme in mind.

Self-timer worked a bit better this time.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment