Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is He Really 20??

I will be the first to admit, I have been a TERRIBLE blogger over the past week or so.  It wasn’t that my life was boring and I had nothing to write about.  Quite on the contrary, life has been so busy that between school, friends, and a million activities I haven’t had time to write.  However, enough with the excuses; I am back so all of that doesn’t really matter.
The birthday boy and his girlfriend.
Last Thursday was my younger brother J.J.’s 20th birthday.  Crazy to think that he is no longer a teenager!  Along with his roommates, girlfriend and some friends we went to George’s (a legend in Waco) for dinner.    His roommates are quite a lively bunch so the conversations covered every topic imaginable, including one of their outfit choices (Hawaiian shirt with red basketball shorts and loafers) that would make any dad look stylish.
 The lively bunch.
After having his car towed earlier in the day, Austen learned that you really
do need to put your parking sticker on your car.
The highlight of the dinner though was my Oreo ice cream cake.  You take white cake mix and add 1 ½ cups of crushed Oreos and use 3 egg whites instead of 3 whole eggs.  You cook the cake in 2 13x9 pans and after it cools, leave one cake in the pan and cover it with Cookies and Cream ice cream.  Then add the other layer on top and cover with white frosting with Oreo pieces mixed in.  It is best if you freeze it for 12 hours.
The cake!!
J.J.’s birthday was a success and I am so happy that he is my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment