Saturday, September 10, 2011

Howdy

Like it or not, some things really are just better in Texas.  One of those is a little thing we like to call two stepping.  Every fall Pi Phi puts on Howdy.  It is a country dance for all of Baylor to raise money for their philanthropy First Book.  This year my roommate Emily was the Howdy chair, and she did an absolutely incredible job.
Chloe and I think Em did just the best job!
The Chris Story Band.
How many times can you wear overalls out?!  Peyton couldn't miss out on the opportunity.
Since it was the 50th anniversary of Howdy this year, Emily had an even more important job.  This year they completely revamped the event by partnering with student activities and holding the event on campus.  There was free BBQ, a trick roper, mechanical bull and of course line dancing and two stepping.  Oh and hayrides too! 
The Howdy Chairs: Emily and Kelsey
Red, white, and blue jeans.
Kappa Sisters!
The Roommates: Peyton, Emily, Bekah, Me, Chloe
 Faces of Howdy...
My little Lindsey.
 Emily and Dave.
Dave, Me, Josh, and Chloe.
Matt and I went to Howdy freshman year together but both with different dates....
so of course we had to take a picture.  Crazy to think how fast 3 years have flown by!
James and Chase.
Mr. Burleson
Chloe and Emily.
We had so much fun with the professional trick roper (I know that isn’t his title but it is what Emily and I called him).  He managed to lasso both Emily and I at the same time.  Later on my friend Matt tried to do the same because he claimed he was an expert lassoer in high school too.  I doubt that but then again he is from New Mexico and successfully lassoed us while we were running.
The professional "trick roper".
Matt the "trick roper"
 Chloe happened to catch this one right as I got caught.


The turnout was fantastic and everyone had so much fun!  Congratulations Emily, you did a wonderful job and all your hard work paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment