Monday, July 18, 2011

A Wicked Night

It wasn’t a “wicked” night in the evil sense; in fact, it was quite the opposite.  It was a “wicked” night in the most wonderful sense because I finally was able to see the musical Wicked, a show that was most definitely on my musical bucket list.
My mom came into town on Thursday and so as a birthday present, my dad got us tickets to see the show.  Not only did he get us tickets, but he got us fantastic first level, center stage tickets which is quite uncharacteristic of the man who is the king of buying the “nose bleed” tickets in the very highest row.  And let me tell you, the show was absolutely worth those seats!
From the music to the costumes to the dancing to the actors, everything was phenomenal!  “Defying Gravity” is one of my all time favorite songs and to see it performed live was incredible.  Wicked is now tied with In the Heights for being my favorite musical.
Of course we finished the night off with a Serendipity sundae.  It seems to be a tradition that every time someone comes to visit, we take a little trip to the best sundae parlor in town.  The nice thing about this time though was that we only had to wait 15 minutes as opposed to the usual 60 to 90.

No comments:

Post a Comment