Thursday, July 7, 2011

Enough With Connecticut

Goodness it has almost been two weeks since I traveled to Connecticut so I figured I better just finish up with my blog series since so many adventures have occurred since then!  Since Leah and I had so many fresh ingredient from the market and even a chicken from one of the vendors we decided to cook a marvelous lunch.  Only thing is we cooked it at midnight the night before!
Chopping the ginger.
We magically had all the ingredients.
Pre-Oven.
Post oven.
Add a little sugar and you are set.
In the morning we took a little visit to Leah’s farm.  It is the most picturesque place with rolling hills and fields of crops.  We even got to practice our Spanish with Uriel who works on her farm.  His wife and children are back in Mexico, but Leah is determined to help him find a way to get his citizenship so they can come to the states.  And knowing Leah, I have no doubt that she will be able to accomplish this.
Beckett Farms.
Blueberries.
Uriel in the fields.

They even have horses!
After the farm we headed home to sample our delicious food we had prepared.  We sautéed the chicken with all sorts of veggies, spices, and ginger before wrapping it in an enormous lettuce leaf which may have been a collard, but I am not sure.  We finished it all off with a strawberry, rhubarb crisp. 
I walked out Leah's back porch and found my towel that I had left with her in Spain since I did not have room in my suitcase.  It was only a few Euros so I was quite surprised that she took the trouble to bring it back to the states!
Flash cooking the greens.
Delicious.
It was absolutely wonderful visiting Leah, and I am so lucky to have met her in Spain and once again be able to live near her on the East Coast!
Connecticut state capitol.

No comments:

Post a Comment