Friday, July 22, 2011

Walking on Bruised Feet

Sunday and you know what that means… Lululemon free yoga and doughnuts!  Of course I had to take my mom so she could experience this Sunday tradition.  Then off to SoHo to explore a not so touristy part of the city and get a late brunch of frittatas and watermelon salad.
Watermelon Salad.
Frittata.
Next up was a bit of shopping.  The funny thing is I find myself only looking at clothes that will work for work since that is just about all I ever wear now-a-days (if you don’t include the Nike shorts and white v-necks that I throw on when getting back to the apartment).  We found some pretty good deals on dresses at Anne Taylor Loft so I was happy.
We happened to cross Times Square just as the shoot out of the Women's World Cup was showing on the big screen.  Everyone gathered to watch the game reminded me of Europe.
I LOVE this statue...no pun intended.
Central Park.  A trip to the Big Apple would not be complete without a stop here.  There just so happened to be a summer concert going on that evening so we could listen to it for a bit.  The one thing better than people watching is people watching with live music playing in the background.
Everyone out for music in the park.
We ended the night with dinner on the Upper West Side at Monaco, an AMAZING Mediterranean restaurant.  My mom order chicken kebabs and I had the most delicious chicken tangine in the entire world (lemon/saffron sauce over chicken and couscous).  It was so enjoyable to sit in the open air window, watching the New Yorkers on their nightly summer strolls.  If I come back to NY, which I hope I do, I definitely would live on the Upper West Side. 
I loved having my mom out here for the weekend and glad I will see her again in a few weeks.  And mom, I apologize if your feet are still bruised!

No comments:

Post a Comment