Thursday, August 25, 2011

20 First Days

Monday I had a last first; my last first day of school that is.  If you include 2 years of preschool and 2 years of kindergarten, this past Monday marks my 20th first day of school.  WOW now that is a lot of pencils, schedules, and of course first day of school pictures. 

If you haven’t figured out by now I may be borderline obsessive about taking pictures, but this is not entirely my own doing.  I come from a family where my dad ALWAYS has a video camera in hand and my mom is sure to snap a picture of every milestone in our life, even ones such as the last day of being 18.  I guess you only have one last day of being 18. 
Now Bekah and Peyton weren't too thrilled about me taking their first day picture.
We always had to get ready a bit early for our first day of school to take the traditional picture in front of the front door so we could see how much we had grown over the year.  Then we had to take our sibling picture which never quite turned out how my mom wanted.  By this point my brothers were thoroughly annoyed with the picture taking process and only gave half smiles.
Chole was a better sport (as shown with the thumbs up), and
Emily strategically planned her classes to avoid pictures all together.

As this was my last first day of school (and if I get my MBA that doesn’t really count as a first day), I couldn’t break with tradition so here is my 20th first day of school picture for you mom.
Your final first day of school picture by the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment