Sunday, October 16, 2011

Boulder Lovin' - Part II

Every time I am in Boulder (which to be honest has only been twice) I am blown away by how much there is to do.  It probably seems like even more since it is so health and fitness conscious which is just like me.  Friday night we continued our activities on Pearl Street with a trip to Posh and of course grabbing dinner at Whole Foods.

Now Posh is this extremely fun paint and wine studio.  Several nights a week you sign up to learn how to paint one of their paintings.  They have everything, canvas, paints, brushes, set up for you.  You can grab a glass of wine at their wine bar and then paint your picture over the next two hours.
They show you step by step how to paint, but give you the freedom to be as creative as you want.
We started out by painting blocks of watered-down color on our canvas.
White-wash the canvas.
Up front is the stage with the example painting.
Paint a tree and leaves.
Drip blue paint.
The artists hard at work.
Finished product.
Our pictures turned out pretty well and we all had a blast.  It was also fun because Haley, a girl Katie and I went to high school with who goes to Boulder, also happened to be at Posh that night.
Oh and I meant to put these pictures on my other post, but my good friend Kai who is Katie’s boyfriend also goes to Boulder.  I only got to see him for an hour since he was flying home the day I got in to see the CU vs. Stanford game, but it was still great to see him!!
Plaid Twins??
Who doesn't love a good porch swing??

No comments:

Post a Comment