Sunday, October 16, 2011

Boulder Lovin' - Part I

They say you know you have a true friend when you can pick right up where you left off no matter how long it has been since you have last seen them.  My friend Katie from high school is one of those friends.  She goes to CU Boulder, and we only see each other over vacation breaks.  With both of us in different states this summer because of internships, we saw even less of each other.  So, I decided that a spur of the moment trip to Boulder was in order.
Last weekend I flew out to Colorado for a long weekend.  I could not have asked for a better time!  In fact we did so many fun activities that I will just have to split it into two posts for you.
Pearl Street...the best shopping street in Boulder.
An adorable chocolate shop...don't you just love the name??
Mirrored ceiling tiles always make for great pictures!
It was FREEZING in Boulder this weekend and I definitely was not prepared for the weather.
One store had samples of hand scrub and Katie said to try it because you could just wash your hands off in the sink.  What she failed to realize was the sink had just been changed to a display bowl for bars of soap and I was stuck with oily scrub on my hands!  Luckily we found a water fountain outside to rinse off and my hands were perfectly smooth the rest of the day.
Stephanie, Katie's little sister was so excited about this nail salon because it's called ten20 and
that is the date of her birthday!

The inside of ten20 was amazing!  Complete with TiVo of fun shows, M&Ms, and any other girly thing you could want while getting your nails done.
Of course we couldn't pass up an opportunity to pose like the people
 in the mural fighting domestic violence.
Wanna know something fun about Katie, Steph, and I?....we are all Kappas!
And of course we can't forget jumping pictures!
Hurdling picture in honor of the two weeks Katie did hurdles with me senior year!
The cutest sisters!
What I loved about Boulder is it actually felt like fall!
Get excited for Boulder Lovin': Part II coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment