Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kids, Candles, & Valentine's Day

The other night I decided to make a Valentine's Day table setting from some flowers left over from our Kappa Kappa Gamma initiation and candles lying around the house.  It turned out pretty cute, minus the couple of charred flowers that were a little too close to the candle.
 

In honor of Valentine's Day, I also decided to find some quotes on love and came across a couple said by children; some are funny, others are sweet.  Needless to say, I am always amazed by just how much children can grasp the concept of love.

"I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful."
... Manuel, age 8


Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.

"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too."
...Greg, age 8


Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.

"No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell...that's why perfume and deodorant are so popular."
...Mae, age 9


Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it every day.

"Don't do things like have smelly, green sneakers. You might get attention, but attention ain't the same thing as love."
... Alonzo, age 9


When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.

When a person gets kissed for the first time, they fall down and they don't get up for at least an hour."
... Wendy, age 8


"If you want to be loved by somebody who isn't already in your family, it doesn't hurt to be beautiful."
...Anita, age 8


I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.

"I look at kissing like this: Kissing is fine if you like it, but it's a free country and nobody should be forced to do it."
...Michael, age 8


Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss.

"Don't say you love somebody and then change your mind ...  Love isn't like picking what movie you want to watch."
... Natalie, age 9


You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget, and it's good for them to get reminded.

"I'm not rushing into being in love.  I'm finding fourth grade hard enough."
...Regina, age 10


2 comments:

  1. LOVING all the quotes. So, so perfect for right now. I think the child's view on love is definitely the most pure and that's what we need to be reminded of daily.

    These are my favorite:
    "I'm not rushing into being in love. I'm finding fourth grade hard enough."
    "I look at kissing like this: Kissing is fine if you like it, but it's a free country and nobody should be forced to do it."

    ReplyDelete