Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Coffee and Smiles

It is that time of year where life at Baylor whizzes by at an unstoppable pace.  It seems like I can barely catch my breath between midterms, Sing practice (the largest off Broadway musical production, which Baylor Greek life and other organizations participate in), sorority meetings, and the host of other responsibilities that come along with a disease called “over commitment”.  However, there are two things that keep me from drowning which I always seem to take for granted: 

1.    COFFEE. The instant that the aroma wafts from the kitchen in the morning, the five hours of sleep the night before suddenly seem like at least nine, and the cool taste of iced coffee in the afternoon instantly puts more bounce in my step.
“Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee.”

2.    SMILES.  Smiles are my other saving grace.  While walking home from school today I had at least fifteen people smile and wave at me from their car windows or front porches.  That simple act is contagious and I could not help but smile back.  The reminder that I am surrounded by so many wonderful people is like a shot of adrenaline which fills my body with positive energy and makes all of the stress and worries of the day melt away.

Smiling is infectious,
You can catch it like the flu.
Someone smiled at me today,
And I started smiling too.
~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I love this Lisa Danis! And I love you! <3
    You are a huge sprinkle in my life :)
    Love,
    your twin

    ReplyDelete