Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tradition 1: The Tree

Since I was in Texas for Thanksgiving, I was pretty bummed that I wasn't going to be home to partake in the annual tradition of decorating the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.  After me talking about Christmas and Christmas traditions for days on end, I think Austin realized how much I love Christmas and surprised me with a tree that I could decorate at his house and tons of decorations, so I could keep up with my Christmas traditions!  And what was even better was that this was a real tree! We have a fake tree back home and while it is easy to take care of, it is just not the same in my mind.


I quickly learned that real trees make a big mess, the first time I went to water it and got showered in a storm of pine needles.  In my opinion though, it is still worth it!


First, I made a tree topper out of ribbons and a golden star.  Then I spread out all the ornaments, only to realize that there weren't any hooks.  Thankfully the Dollar Store came to the rescue.


I have to admit that the tree turned out pretty great and was one of the best surprises!  We then got to make delicious Christmas cookies and watch Elf.  Let the Christmas Season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment