Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break III

Our final stop on our trip was Carmel/Monterey.  By this point in out trip, we were all pretty tired from the non-stop activity... I seem to have a knack for doing that on my trips, so we were ready to relax a little.  My grandparents happened to be in Carmel, so we met up with them to have lunch.  As we were sitting there, who do I see in the window but my dad!  He had a business convention in Monterey that weekend, but we didn't tell him where we were eating, but he somehow found us.  He walked in, grabbed the half-eaten sandwich off of Peyton's plate, and proceeded to shoot one liner comments back and forth with my grandpa that kept us girls laughing and my poor grandma trying to reprimand her "boys".


We decided to walk down to the beach to test the water.  Needless to say, we did not last long, because it was FREEZING! Whoever came up with the image of warm, sunny California beaches has never been to California, because I have hardly ever been to the beach when it was warm.


Carmel is filled with tons of cute shops, so we spent some time exploring them and of course had to make a stop in the candy shop.

 
Just trying out some senior portrait poses. 

Next up was the 17 mile drive.  This was a great idea, until about 10 minutes into the drive when I realized we were below empty on gas! Amazingly, I made it to the only gas station in Pebble Beach, but the gas was a record $6.12 per gallon!  I only bought 2 gallons, just enough so we could get out.

 Pebble Beach
 
 Lone Cypress
 

Bekah, Emily, and I wanted to take some more beach shots, but Chloe and Peyton were too cold, so they manned the car!


 The wind got the best of us....

We made it to our hotel in Monterey and enjoyed the nice workout facilities, fire pits, and retreat-like environment.  We had a great dinner at a seafood restaurant in town that night.  The next day, Peyton and Chloe toured the aquarium, and Bekah, Emily, and I hiked around the beautiful Point Lobos State Reserve.


Our girls trip was a success and much thanks to my parents for letting us stay with them and helping make the trip so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment